Birds are chirping, windows are opening, and houses are starting to freshen up. It’s perhaps my favorite season of all. “New” is a word you hear more often these days. New life, springing forth from the ground. New baby animals are being born. New blooms on the trees. New doors being unlocked.
I’m a huge advocate of Spring cleaning. There is something about a thoroughly new cleaned house, in the Spring time that feels so fresh, and just so so good. Of course, at the end of the day, the job is to clean your house inside and out. Get inside those cabinets with all that storage you haven’t touched. Purge, purge, purge. Everyone knows that. But I have a couple tricks that you may not think about completely, and believe me, it will make your house feel even better!
- Your oven. Do not neglect this loved appliance! Make sure to get all of the grime off the bottom, and then, place a nonstick ovenliner in there! This will make cleaning it in the future way easier – just wipe it with a paper towel!
- Your garbage disposal. Want your kitchen to smell super fresh? Drop a cut up lemon, salt, and some ice cubes down there! The lemon deodorizes, and the ice and salt clean away residue, and leave it clean and smelling great.
- Clean your shower curtain liner. Does the bottom of your liner look discolored? Mildew is probably growing – so throw that liner in your wash machine with a couple microfiber towels! Hang it to dry, and enjoy a fresh shower.
- Your drains. Dump down Draino to attack hair and other clogging materials, and then continue staying on top of your drains by dumping a pail of boiling water down them once a week.
- Attack your drawers. My rule of thumb is if I haven’t worn it, seen it, or missed it in the last year, I don’t need it. Purge your home and then wipe those drawers out.
I also strongly suggest using Caldrea products! That’s basically all I use! My house always smells so fresh, and clean, and wonderful.
Just a couple of tips to get you going, but I hope it helps! I would love to get feedback and see what other tips and tricks you have up your sleeve! Happy Spring!