As a realtor and closely connected to our community here in Central Illinois, I am passionate about supporting and encouraging growth in our local economy. So many new businesses/restaurants/shops are opening up, so many pop-up small vendors, and it is awesome to see.
That being said, I have decided to blog about all the reasons for YOU to shop local and support our town’s growth! I would love for you to give me feedback as well if you have any other points that I did not make. If our community could continue to grow and thrive, we are not only supporting each other and allowing business to “unlock new doors” here, but we are also supporting our future, and that of our children.
- When you shop local, you’re making a personal investment in your neighborhood and community. In fact, for every $100 spent, about $70 is given back to the local activity. It also helps the region’s tax base, and it helps to grow OTHER local business!
- Small business in our local community do not have the long lines, or the hustle and bustle of big stores. It’s personal – you are talking to another person who is also passionate about shopping local.
- You are contributing less to pollution, traffic congestion, habitat loss and resource depletion. No huge boxes are showing up at your door with tons of wasted space.
- When you shop local, each business is unique and their products are made/sold with love. It’s smaller batches, more exclusive, and sometimes you are evening buying one-of-a-kind.
- You are not only generating more tax revenue per sales dollar, but you are also supporting the local schools, roads, parks, etc. You are doing it all!
If you need any more encourage to shop local, reach out to me! I would love to give advice on where to start – Morton, Washington, Tremont, and Peoria, all have great local shops, as well as the pop-up vendors online that are from our community! Let’s continue to support and grow this area, and let’s watch it thrive.
“7 Rewarding Reasons to Shop Local | Rubicon Global.” Commercial Garbage & Waste Management Company | Rubicon Global, 10 Dec. 2018, www.rubiconglobal.com/blog-shop-local-reasons/.