One of the privileges of being a realtor under RE/MAX is the amazing support this company gives to so many charities and wonderful causes. With different events throughout the year, our RE/MAX office is involved with fundraising and raising awareness for 17 organizations. I would love to highlight a few of these today! Each one of these deserves our applause as they continue to fill a vital role in the central Illinois that we know and love. Click on the link to learn more about each charity or personally donate to their cause!
- Midwest Food Bank. (https://www.midwestfoodbank.org/) Especially in times such as these, with Covid-19 causing upheaval for families that may be without income, the Midwest Food Bank is such a blessing in the Peoria area. They are a faith-based organization that is dedicated to alleviating hunger in our area, and they do it excellently.
- Crittenton Centers. (https://www.crittentoncenters.org/) Crittenton Centers has filled the invaluable role of caring for the children of our community. They do this through their crisis nursery, child development center, and educational and support services. Although they have grown exponentially since they began, they have been serving the Peoria area since 1892 and have changed the lives of many children and families.
- Dream Center Peoria. (https://www.dreamcenterpeoria.org/) With their “Jesus Is…” sign that can be read far and wide when driving through Peoria, the Dream Center has been a source of hope for many children and families. They are passionate about building a better future for those who live under the effects of poverty, and it is a privilege to partner with them in this work.
- OSF Healthcare Children’s Hospital of Illinois. (https://www.osfhealthcare.org/childrens/) As a parent, I know that quality healthcare for children is a necessity. Parenting can be stressful, and moments of illness or crisis are especially so. Having access to such an amazing children’s hospital helps to alleviate some level of that stress! Skillful and personal care in the medical field are invaluable, and I am thankful that we can find both at OSF.
- Almost Home Kids. (https://www.almosthomekids.org/) Almost Home Kids provides excellent care for the children in our lives with medical complexities. They care not only for the child, but also strive to equip and support the families of each child in the specific and personal ways that may be needed. They are filling a vital role in our community.
Each of these organizations, along with countless others, provide me with the opportunity to invest in the families and future of central Illinois. It is encouraging to see RE/MAX, and so many of you, pour love into these charities. I want to say a big “thank you” to the faces behind that devote their time and talent at these non-profit organizations. You are “unlocking new doors” for so many different people all around us. If you have any questions about any of the charities I didn’t cover in this blog, please reach out to me!