Hey, friends! I hope you are all enjoying these warmer days as much as I have been! There’s nothing quite like the coming of Spring to bring fresh energy.
As we are stepping into the Spring and Summer months ahead, I wanted to take a minute to think about how to intentionally plug into our community. Our community truly does have so much to offer, and I want to encourage us all to take advantage of it to the full in these coming months! Here are five ways I have to invest in and enjoy our community better this spring:
- Pay your local farmer’s market a visit. This is one of my favorite ways to get in touch with what’s going on in our community and make connections with people. There are several amazing farmers markets to choose from in our surrounding areas and if you make the time to go, I don’t think you’ll regret it. It’s hard to beat locally grown produce, fresh baked goods, and bouquets of fresh-cut flowers. This is also a great way to meet passionate people, new businesses/faces, and discover local products that you may not have known you were missing!
- Throw a party. Throwing a seasonal party and inviting neighbors and friends in your area is a great, and very personal, way to plug into our community! Unfortunately, it can be easy to get wrapped up in our own busy lives and commitments and forget that we have some amazing people living around us. Engaging with your immediate community doesn’t have to be anything extravagant – you can even just invite neighbors over for a s’mores night around the fire after the day cools down!
- Visit your local parks. Sometimes, after living somewhere for a while, we forget to explore it with fresh eyes. Revisiting an old favorite spot can also be a great way to plug in and enjoy your community while taking advantage of the beauty it offers.
- Exercise outdoors. Just the simple act of taking your walk or run outside can open up so many doors for connection within your community! Whether it be stopping to chat with an old friend or neighbor you pass by, taking notice of new shops and stores that may have popped up, or simply soaking in the scenery, exercising in the fresh air can give you a newfound appreciation for and connection with our community!
- Shop small. Choosing to shop locally and shop small is one of my favorite ways to plug into what’s going on in our community. There are so many store owners who are passionate about quality products in our area, and this is obvious the minute you set foot in their stores. When given the choice between running to a big box store or supporting a local vendor, I try to take the opportunity to invest locally. Buying gift cards to local places for giving out at holidays and birthdays is another one of my favorite ways to shop small, and to bless others while doing it! And a morning coffee at any of our local coffee shops is the best way to start the day. Here is another blog I wrote about the reasons to shop local – https://sueneihouserrealtor.com/uncategorized/shop-local/
I’d love to hear ideas from you as well! What are some of your favorite ways to plug into what’s going on in your community?