This week is the 4th of July, and I’d like to just think on that for a bit. In 1776, our founding fathers fought on American soil to ensure that this land would be free for generations to come. And free it is. However, in that freedom there are still so many who suffer from captivity in their own homes, from illnesses like cancer and other diseases, and even others who have fallen into mindsets that make them captive to this world. Let’s remember those today.
To me, freedom means the opportunity to have a family to love openly, to travel anywhere we choose, to come and go about my community as I please. It means the opportunity to be apart of a fabulous business like RE/MAX, and to serve the wonderful clients that have now become friends. It means to be able to be apart of a wonderful church family, and to serve the Lord. I hope everyone of us can count our blessings to live in the United States of America, today.
So for all of you who are celebrating the 4th of July this week, stay safe, stay dry, and stay cool in this heat! I am celebrating up in Minnesota with my extended family, and am loving every minute of it. Below are some fun 4th of July appetizer recipes, if you are hosting an event. They are so fun, and if you happen to use any of them, share them so I can see your gorgeous creations! Enjoy!
Fourth Of July Brie – 1 (35-oz.) wheel brie, 6 strawberries with tops removed and sliced, 1/2 c. blueberries, 1/4 c. freshly squeezed orange juice, 2 tsp. honey, and Graham crackers, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut off the top rind of brie then place brie in a skillet about its same size. Bake until brie is bubbling and totally melted throughout, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries and blueberries in separate medium bowls. Divide orange juice and honey evenly between each bowl and toss to combine. When brie is ready, arrange fruit in the pattern of the American flag. Serve immediately, with graham crackers for dipping.
Red White and Blue Cheesecake Strawberries – 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, 1/3 c. powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract, 1 c. Cool Whip, 10 strawberries, and halved 30 blueberries
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until fluffy and combined. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag and pipe over cut side of strawberry.
- Top with blueberries and serve.
Caprese Bites – 8 oz. mozzarella balls, 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, salt, 24 cherry tomatoes, 12 fresh basil leaves, 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- In a small bowl, stir together mozzarella, olive oil, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, and season with salt. Set aside.
- Assemble skewers: Layer a cherry tomato, basil leaf, marinated mozzarella ball, and another cherry tomato. Place on your serving platter.
- Make balsamic glaze: In a small saucepan or skillet, bring balsamic vinegar to a low simmer. Let thicken until syrupy, 15 minutes. Set aside to cool and thicken.
- Drizzle skewers with balsamic glaze and serve.
Enjoy these recipes, and enjoy this Independence Day!
Livermore, Sienna. “These Tasty 4th of July Appetizers Will Get the Party Started.” Delish, Delish, 11 June 2019
Leave a Reply