As you prepare to sell your home, there are a million things on your mind! You are trying to balance the excitement and details of what is coming next for you with all the pieces that need to fall into place as you get your home on the market. As I have walked through the process with many wonderful clients over the years, I would love to share with you some of my favorite tips to help the home selling process go smoothly.
- Repaint your walls. Choosing a neutral color to paint your walls, or simply touching up your existing paint color, is so helpful in the selling process! Not only does it leave your home feeling fresh and clean, but it can serve as a blank slate to help the potential buyer envision themselves in your space. Also, it can help the buyer feel that they have one less item on their “to-do” list when they move in.
- Be strategic. Not all upgrades are equal. The bathroom and kitchen are by far the most important rooms in a home, so put your focus there. Investing in a new countertop, vanity, or light fixtures can provide some of the best return on investment as they improve the appearance and quality of the rooms with the biggest impact.
- Open your blinds. This is a simple and impressively effective way to improve the home showing experience. Natural lighting does wonders for the mood of your space! By simply lifting your blinds and cleaning your windows, the entire home will feel brighter, cleaner, and cheerier.
- Pay attention to the little things. Scuff marks and loose handles are things that you may gotten used to living with, but these are the kinds of things that stand out to buyers and can leave a poor impression. Touch up the paint around your baseboards, clean off doorknobs and light switches, and replace burned out light bulbs as a start.
- Keep it smelling fresh. The smell that greets potential buyers at the door is part of their first impression of your space. First impressions are powerful, so make sure that they are greeted with a pleasant aroma! It could be a candle burning, freshly baked cookies, or even a light room mist. It’s the little details like this that can really pay off in the long run!
These are just a few items to check off your list when preparing your home for the market, but you can probably already imagine how just these five steps will brighten up your home. have many other tricks up my sleeve when “unlocking new doors”, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with questions!