Happy New Year, friends! I hope you all have had a wonderful start to your 2022. I love the concept of New Year’s resolutions as a way to make objectives and reevaluate goals for your life. Unfortunately, I have heard that most of these resolutions are thrown to the wayside by January 19th – not even one full month into the year! In my opinion, the key to avoiding “resolution burnout” is to create goals that are attainable and specific, with a clear objective in mind. With these criteria in mind, I have created a list of helpful New Year’s resolutions to take 2022 as an opportunity to invest in your home/real estate goals.
- Do a curb appeal project. It’s amazing what simply updating your home’s exterior can do. Just revamping your landscaping, repainting your fence, or replacing your front door can totally transform your home’s appearance. Not only does it improve the value of your home, but it also makes your home a place you are more excited to come back to.
- Revamp your budget. It is always a good idea to reevaluate how we are spending our money. What are the small spending habits you have that may slip under the radar? Where is most of your money going each month? If you have a budget already, how well are you sticking to it? Reviewing your spending from 2021 can help set a more informed budget for 2022.
- Upgrade your thermostat. Did you know that by upgrading to a smart thermostat, you can save up to $150 a year on reduced energy bills? Switching it out takes only a few minutes and will easily pay for itself within the course of the year. Not to mention, they are user friendly and aid a little flair to your wall. 🙂
- Consider prepaying your mortgage. When you have automatic payments set for your mortgage, it can be “out of sight, out of mind.” However, if you can manage to prepay some of your mortgage, it means less money spent on interest in the long run. This may be worth working towards in 2022. Every little bit helps!
- Automate your savings. We all have something we are saving for, whether that be a down payment on a new home, a home remodel project you are dreaming of, or a long-awaited vacation. It is sometimes difficult to prioritize savings, though, when other expenses seem more urgent. If that resonates with you, it might be helpful to automate your savings starting in 2022. This way, you ensure that you are building your savings consistently each month, bringing your dreams closer to reality!
There are endless opportunities for fresh perspective in many areas, including real estate planning. I hope each of you have a wonderful, energizing year, and I look forward to “unlocking new doors” together with some of you this year!