So, you’ve decided to sell your home and “unlock new doors” – such an exciting time! You are probably full of anticipation about what’s to come but are also slightly overwhelmed at all the pieces that need to fall into place to get your home ready to put on the market. Where to begin?
I am happy to walk alongside you on this journey! We are privileged to live in a community with many wonderful businesses that can assist with getting your house ready for market. These businesses listed below are just some of the resources available and can help alleviate so much stress! I often schedule these businesses for my clients. Here are a few of my local favorites:
- Silver Evolutions. This Peoria-based business is amazing. They specialize in decluttering and helping you evaluate what to do with your belongings as you prepare for a move. I can’t recommend them enough if you find yourself overwhelmed with how to sort through the things that have accumulated over the years you have lived in your house – and we all know that things tend to accumulate way faster than we realize!
- Tri-All Painting. If you want to get your home ready for showing, getting a fresh coat of paint is a huge help! Simply putting a fresh white on your baseboards instantly makes the whole home feel fresh and clean. And making sure your walls are a neutral color can help potential homeowners picture themselves in your house more easily.
- Carpet Weavers. No matter how well you take care of your house, there are just some things, like carpeting, that won’t last forever. If you have stains or traffic patterns in your carpeting, it might be a good idea to consider replacing the carpeting in a few rooms before showing your home. I work with Linda Martin at Carpet Weavers, and she does a great job of evaluating the needs of the client and working with us to find the flooring solution that is the best fit before selling your home. They offer much more than flooring as well!
- Legacy Lawn Care. I know I have mentioned this before on the blog, but first impressions are so key when trying to sell your home! Simply having fresh cut grass and some freshly laid mulch can do so much for your curb appeal. Legacy Lawn Care is great at what they do and will put their skill to work, transforming the outside of your home!
- Fish Window Cleaning. Windows are one aspect of the home that are so easily overlooked. They can be difficult to clean but having smudged or streaked windows doesn’t do a home any favors. It can make the whole house feel less clean and inviting if the windows are dirty and distracting. Fish Window Cleaning does a great job of cleaning up your windows, inside and out, and can check one big item off your “to-do” list.
Besides these wonderful businesses, there are also many other great companies to choose from in our area! I often hire one of our local deep cleaning companies as well to get your home looking and smelling its cleanest before we list it on the market. If you are looking to sell your home in the Peoria area, I recommend giving some of these companies a call to lighten the load on your shoulders in preparing your home for showing. If you have any questions, please reach out!