Whether you are a buyer or a seller, this applies to all! New appliances are a HUGE asset to “unlocking new doors”, both ways. For buyers, a kitchen with updated appliances is a big asset when buying a home, and for sellers, new appliances are key to selling your home even quicker.
However, sometimes the kitchen does NOT come with new appliances, and that’s okay! I am lucky to partner with Sherman’s in Peoria, IL – they hand out $100 gift certificates to any of my new buyers, that they can use toward appliances, after they close on their new home. If you’ve never been to Sherman’s – you need to swing by! They have a large selection of refrigerators, microwaves, hoods, dishwashers, stove-tops, wall ovens, disposals, and more.
But first, make sure you follow some advice – before making the journey over to Sherman’s. It will save you a lot of trouble in the end. And again, I am always happy to help you along the way!
- Don’t make an impulse buy. These are objects that you will be using for quite some time – not just decoration for your house. You need to make sure that they are what you want, and don’t just look great for an instant.
- Know your space. You need to take measurements, and make sure the appliances fit!
- Check out how each appliance works, and get to know it before you buy it – especially for your oven/stovetop! Gas or electric make a huge difference when it comes to cooking. The awesome people at Sherman’s will help you with this, so listen carefully.
- Make sure you get the name and number of the repairman! You want them to be close, not hours away. Even though the appliances are new, you can never be too prepared.
- Be smart and looking at the best appliances for Energy-Saving!
There are Energy Efficiency Guides that tell you average kWh usage and cost to run the machine, annually – ask for this information! It is best to stay below $25 for dishwashers and $40 for refrigerators in energy use per year.
- Get your appliances delivered!
New appliances make “unlocking new doors” so much more fun, and can transform a kitchen. I can’t wait to see what appliances you are looking at – happy shopping!