Every year around this time, I get sentimental to be living in such an awesome community. Fall brings such a nostalgic feeling, doesn’t it? Peoria, Morton, Washington, and the surrounding towns all have such a strong town spirit, and I see it come out in full force in the fall. Morton has the Pumpkin Festival, and although it looked different this year, the town spirit was as strong as ever.
I made a list last week of six reasons why I love living in Central Illinois. It’s good for me to count my blessings, and writing lists is one way I can do this. It was easier than I thought, and I was done in a minute. I could probably go on counting the reasons.
- I love to enjoy all 4 seasons, and Central Illinois is lovely in each season. Even if many complain about it being too hot, or too cold, there is beauty in the difference of weather, temperatures, and nature. I love soaking it in. There’s a new event venue being built in Spring Bay, IL featuring activities for each of the 4 seasons – called Sankoty Lakes Resort & Retreat! Check it out!
- We have so many conveniences in this area, largely because of Peoria. Peoria is a great size city – not too big and not too small, and yet we can also access large cities easily from here – Chicago, Indianapolis, St. Louis…we truly are in a great “Central” location.
- We have beautiful views like Grandview Drive, and other Parks and Nature Reserves to go hiking, have a picnic, and just enjoy the beauty around us.
- The people. Can I get an amen?? This should be at the very top of the list. I have my family and friends here, awesome clients, and just friendly people in general. It’s wonderful.
- We have great airport access here – Peoria and Bloomington. Traveling is easy, and convenient!
- Last, but like I said previously, definitely not least, there are so many amazing restaurants and activities to do in our area. We should never be bored! From bike trails, parks, rock climbing, pottery making, shopping locally, drinking coffee, and eating amazing food, let’s always support this awesome community that we call home.
It’s awesome doing life with all of you.