I’m a firm believer of giving back to the community. And what better way to do this than to take part in fun activities with those we love – our family and friends! Below, I have blogged about what the towns around my area have to offer. Feel free to go check these attractions out yourself, and plug in to your community!
- Morton Bike Trail – did you know we have one? Take your family out to the path it’s a lovely ride AND good exercise.
- Morton Roller Rink – Still open after 55 years, this is a great activity for the entire family.
- The Cookery – whether you really ARE wanting to learn to cook, or just up for a fun competition, the Cookery is both great for a family night, or a friends night out, and you leave with goodies too!
- DQ, of course!
- Morton Aquatic Center – the public pool is open until the end of August, so check it out while you can!
- Kemp 208 – the perfect restaurant for the perfect date night in downtown Morton.
- Birchwood Park – and many others. Go explore them all on a Saturday afternoon.
- Eli’s Coffee Shop, Leaves ‘n’ Beans, Breaking Grounds – we all know coffee is quite the fad these days, and Morton has coffee galore!
- Downtown Shops – So ‘Chic, American Popcorn Co., Consignment 201, LuLu’s on Main, and many others.
- RE/MAX office – stop by and say hi to me!
These are definitely not the only activities that Morton has to offer, and I’d love to hear what YOUR favorite thing to is in Morton. Leave a comment below!
- Zion Coffee Co. – this lovely coffee shop has gotten quite the reputation!
- Peoria Riverfront Museum – with different exhibits routinely, check out the Planetarium, IMAX theater, or simply take a stroll along the riverfront itself.
- George L. Luthy Memorial Botanical Garden – a delightful stroll around 4.5 acres of greenery and floral beauty.
- Peoria Zoo – an attraction for all ages! Don’t miss the giraffes!
- Peoria Civic Center – with musicals, concerts, and lots more – there’s always something for everyone.
- Thirty – Thirty Coffee Co. – What can I say? I think Peorians love their coffee.
- Grandview Drive – Gorgeous views of the Illinois River, and definitely one of my favorite date nights with Jeff.
- Peoria Heights Restaurants – So many quaint and delicious spots.
- Peoria Farmer’s Market – Every Saturday morning in the summer, local vendors come out along the riverfront.
- The Hive Studio & Gallery – Even if you think you can’t paint, you can.
And so much more! I’d love to hear your favorite activity in Peoria, in the comments below!
- Washington Park – perfect for an afternoon game of Frisbee, or simply soaking up some sun.
- The Blend – because I have to highlight all the coffee shops out there.
- Five Points – where musicals and other performances are held! Check out Ruth: The Musical.
- Washington Plaza – shops, good eats, boutiques, Holland’s Mercantile, and more.
- Plaza Lanes – Bowling is always a great weekend activity.
Fill me in on other activities in Washington, IL, below!
- Eli’s Coffee – not only in Morton, you can get it in Tremont as well!
- Louisa Jane Inc. – an up-and-coming decor and furniture studio, perfect for a little shopping trip.
- Perdue’s Grill – after you are done shopping at Louisa Jane, head across the street to eat!
- Tremont City Park – take your dog for a walk and enjoy!
- Jack’s Cafe – a nice, new restaurant in town!
And these are not all the towns in the area with attractions to offer. Why not have a stay-cation with your family, and give your community some love? We would all benefit from it! Have a wonderful, and fun-filled week!