It’s time to start Christmas shopping, friends! Each year, the holidays seem to approach more quickly than expected, so I love getting a head start on Christmas gifts! Allowing time to plan for and choose gifts thoughtfully for my loved ones makes the season that much more enjoyable.
I have always been an advocate for shopping local and supporting the many wonderful businesses in our community. With shipping delays and the uncertainty of online shopping this year, I am even more inspired to take advantage of the amazing businesses we are surrounded by. Here are some of my favorite Christmas gift ideas from some of our lovely local shops:
- Restaurant gift cards. You can’t go wrong with a gift card! Everybody loves the excuse to enjoy a dinner out!, year round. Some of my go-to local restaurants to support in this way are: Kemp 208 in Morton, 2 Chez in Peoria, and Jim’s Bistro in Peoria Heights. The list doesn’t end there, though! There is truly such a variety of amazing restaurants in our area, so the holidays are a great time to treat your friends or family to one of your favorites.
- Coffee grounds. Coffee grounds are a great Christmas gift for the coffee lovers in your life! Leaves N Beans, Eli’s, and Four30 Scones are all coffee shops in Morton that are well worth supporting! They offer amazing coffee and delicious treats to our community year-round, and Christmas is a great time to show them how much we appreciate them!
- Specialty gifts. The Nook has two locations: one in Peoria and the other in Morton. These stores are the perfect place to find specialty gifts this coming holiday season. Regardless of who it is you may be shopping for you are bound to find something they will love at The Nook! They have everything you could imagine: home décor, jewelry, florals, clothing, household items, and even gifts for children!
- Boutique finds. When it comes to Christmas shopping for the women in your life, boutiques may be the way to go. So Chic Boutique and the Runaway Rack are two of my favorite places when I need some fun and feminine presents. Whether you are looking for beautifully designed paper goods and stationery, accessories, or clothing items for the women on your list, these two boutiques are a great place to start. The Plant Mum also is a great shopping stop for those on your list who loves house plants!
- Antiques. If there is an antique connoisseur on your Christmas shopping list, I have the perfect place for you! Urban Artifacts is a treasure trove of vintage items in Peoria. Part of the draw in collecting antiques is discovering the diamond in the rough, so a gift card to Urban Artifacts might just be the perfect fit for that antique-lover.
Isn’t there something so thrilling about finding the perfect gift for a friend or family member? It’s totally a bonus when it means supporting a small business as well. I’d love to hear some of your go-to local places for holiday shopping in the Morton/Peoria area!
Leave a Reply