It’s my favorite time of year! Everything about life just seems to be a little more relaxed in these warm months, and I welcome it. The normal schedule is sprinkled with family vacations, evening cookouts with friends, and weekend pool days that bring a delightful change of pace.
Since I am always looking for more ways to spend time outside with friends and family during the summer, I have pulled together five of my favorite summery activities to do in our area. I’d love to hear what some of your favorites are as well – our community has so much to offer.
– Cyd’s in the Park. This is one you will not want to miss! Cyd’s in the Park is a multi-option gourmet food experience, capitalizing on the fresh flavors of summer. Take a walk through Donovan Park with your puppy and finish with a special treat from Cyd’s Bakery, or meet up with your girlfriends for a delightful summertime lunch. You won’t be disappointed! https://cyds.biz/
– Illinois Shakespeare Festival. This fun festival in Bloomington-Normal is a unique way to spend time with your friends or family, and offers quality entertainment everyone will enjoy. Visit their site to see which plays they will be performing and the times that are available to make sure you don’t miss out on the fun! https://illinoisshakes.com/
– Fondulac Farm Park. If you are looking for an outdoor activity to do with kids, I highly recommend Fondulac Farm Park. It gives a glimpse into what a central Illinois farm in the 1920s would have been like. There are live animals to feed, playgrounds, a country kitchen museum, and kid-approved concessions. You can easily spend several hours making sweet memories here! https://www.fondulacpark.com/facilities/fondulac-farm-park/
– Peoria Riverfront Markets. Such a fun Saturday morning stop! There’s so much to love about this local farmer’s market. Go by yourself with a coffee in hand for a therapeutic start to your weekend, go with a girlfriend to browse the local offerings, or take the kiddos in your life to enjoy the face painting and special treats that are offered! https://www.facebook.com/PeoriaRiverFrontMarket/
– Heart of Illinois Fair. From July 19-July 23, the Heart of Illinois Fair will be taking place in Peoria! Especially if you have children to entertain this summer, this one is for you. The HOI Fair is non-stop fun and entertainment, full of contests, amusement rides, magic shows, balloon artists, and everything else you could hope for at a fair. Mark your calendars for this fun-filled experience! https://www.heartofillinoisfair.com/
Just thinking about these next few weeks and the experiences they will bring warms my heart. There truly is nothing quite like summertime! I hope you and your loved ones are able to savor these summer days and spend your time creating sweet memories that will last for years to come.
Leave a Reply