I know that I’ve said it before, but I love central Illinois. Not only are the people amazing, but there are so many wonderful restaurants and small businesses to enjoy! Peoria Heights is one of Jeff and I’s favorite places to explore in the area. It has a beautiful landscape, as it is situated on the Illinois River, and the food scene there is incredible!
Here are some of our top food recommendations, if you are ever looking to experience some of the restaurants in Peoria Heights.
- Jim’s Bistro. May I recommend their steak salad (one of the best I’ve had) and mushrooms! They consider themselves a chophouse, so they know how to do a great steak, and also have some delicious seafood to choose from. This is probably our most visited place in the Heights.
- Joe’s Original Italian and Martini Bar. Their menu here is amazing! My favorite order is the Pasta Compamare – the shrimp in it is perfection. They can make it gluten free as well!
- Cayenne. This is some of the best Mexican food in the area, in my opinion. Our whole family has enjoyed eating there together! It’s definitely worth a visit.
- Brienzo’s Wood Fired Pizza. This is another top restaurant pick for our family! The pizzas here are exceptional – it’s hard to beat wood-fired, in my opinion.
- The Twelve Bar Lounge. If you are looking for a great view of Peoria Heights while you eat, this is where you want to be. It has such a cozy ambiance, and we love the outdoor fire pits. A great date night spot, especially if you can hit it on a weeknight when there are less people! Their hamburgers are out of this world and topping a salad with one of their burgers is an exceptional meal!
Another honorable mention:
- Fired Up. Besides the amazing food scene in Peoria Heights, I have also loved experiencing this art studio! It is kid-friendly, but so much fun for adults as well! They have gorgeous pottery that they make themselves, and you can paint it to make it unique to you. I have taken my grandkids here in the past, and I think we all will treasure that memory for years. I would highly recommend this – especially on the rainy days or in the Winter!
If any of you have favorite stops in Peoria Heights, please let me know! Jeff and I are always up for trying something new and may just give it a shot the next time we are in the area!