There’s something so thrilling about stumbling across that perfect item as you peruse a thrift store or antique store! The search for that “diamond in the rough” is what makes the discovery of that piece just that much more rewarding. For some people, thrift shopping is such fun, and we have some great choices in our area. And if you’re the kind of person who enjoys a little bit of DIY-ing, antique stores are especially exciting as each piece of furniture not only tells a story, but has limitless potential for how it can be adapted to fit your style even better.
Not only does choosing to buy antique and thrifted items mean that you come away with especially unique finds, but it is also a great way to be a conscious consumer, which is just one more reason to love it!
If you’re one of my fellow lovers of thrift stores and antique shopping, here are some local places you should check out.
- Pleasant Hill Antique Mall. You definitely don’t want to miss this spot if you’re in the mood for an antique treasure hunt! From small trinkets and jewelry to oak furniture and Christmas decorations, this place has something for everyone. It’s in a great location between Morton and East Peoria as well.
- Urban Artifacts. An eclectic place to spend a few hours of antique-hunting bliss. They have a great selection, but keep it well organized, making it easy to search with a purpose, or just browse casually if that’s what you’re feeling. This shop is such fun and has an amazing feel to it.
- Two Sisters and a Warehouse. With over 70 different vendor booths, Two Sisters and a Warehouse has a large variety of antique items, as well as refurbished items, furniture, and collectibles. If you’ve got an afternoon to spare, you won’t regret a long walk through the warehouse. I dare you to come out without buying anything!
- Vintique. If you are into vintage and antique home décor, this is the place to be. They have such a great selection of fun and unique items just waiting to be discovered and loved!
- Upscale Resale. Upscale Resale not only has household items, but it also carries clothing, books, crafts, and much more! If you’re looking for a bargain on consignment or antique items, definitely stop in at Upscale Resale.
One of my favorite things about “unlocking new doors” with my clients is seeing them love their house and truly feel at home there. I think so much of that process of “settling in” to a new place comes down to the way it is furnished and decorated. If antiques and thrifting are your thing, I am confident these local spots will help you find just those pieces that will help you complete your home. Happy treasure hunting, friends. 🙂