There’s just nothing like finding the perfect pieces to make a house a home, is there? Once you have purchased a home that you love, you have the perfect backdrop for expressing your style by furnishing it! This is what makes a house feel like home. There are so many amazing places to shop for furniture and other decor pieces, and I would love to share some of America’s favorite stores with you today!
- Serena & Lily. A great spot for textile shopping, whether that be bedding, rugs, or furniture. They have embraced a casual, yet refined look with some coastal influence as well, giving their home décor a refreshing and elegant style.
- Studio McGee. If you are looking for some inspiration for the small home details, Studio McGee is a great place to begin. Their designs tend towards clean lines with a bit of modern influence. They place a high value on making every area of life beautiful, so if you are looking for functional pieces that are well-designed, such as kitchen utensils and serving dishes, there is no need to look any further!
- West Elm. West Elm is a great place to find timeless pieces, whether you are in the market for a larger piece of furniture, or smaller elements to make your space uniquely yours. They strive to provide ethical and organic goods, which is just another reason to love their quality designs.
- Crate & Barrel. For many years now, Crate & Barrel has been a beloved source for furnishing our homes. They really have it all – from indoor pieces to outdoor pieces, from floor to ceiling. They tend towards the classic, elegant look with lots of emphasis on texture.
- Anthropologie. Okay, Anthropologie has been a popular place for women’s fashion for a long time, but within the past 10 years expanded to offer furniture and household items as well. They offer high-quality and beautiful pieces, as well as a wide array of playful, eclectic, and unique household goods as well.
- Target. I could not forget Target on this list! They seem to have found that sweet spot between offering quality design and being budget friendly. Especially if you’re just looking for a few small touches, like throw pillows, candles, plant holders, or a clock for the wall, it is hard to beat a good Target find.
- Shopping Local. These might not be in the top home decor stores in the U.S., but for us in Central Illinois, local stores are SO fun and I love shopping local! Floral Designs in Morton and Louisa Jane in Tremont are two absolutely amazing stores for anything home decor.
I’d love to hear from you! Where do you look for interior design inspiration? What are your favorite stores? As a realtor, I love to see a client go from envisioning their new home, to finally furnishing it and making it their own. It is so rewarding to play a role in the process. This is part of the joy of unlocking new doors!
Leave a Reply