How is it possible that Valentine’s Day is just a few days away? It seems like we’ve barely just begun 2022! I am so glad that Valentine’s Day exists as a holiday – I think we all need the occasional reminder to stop and remember how sweet it is just to love and be loved.
Date night ideas
The Peoria area has so much to offer when it comes to planning a special date night! I have highlighted some of my favorite local restaurants on the blog before, so today I want to recommend some amazing local places to explore and experience with your significant other.
- Forest Park Nature Center. One of my favorite things to do on a date night is walk trails together. Forest Part has seven miles of trails to explore, and some beautiful birds and wildlife as well. Sometimes in the busyness of life, it is hard to have a focused and intentional conversation with your spouse and walking a nature trail offers the perfect setting to do just that. Of course, this one is dependent on the weather, and with all the snow right now, this might not be appealing, but date nights outside are such a fun change of pace!
- First Ascent. This one might not be for everyone, but for the active couple looking for something fun and unusual, indoor rock climbing can be a great way to connect and exert some energy. First Ascent welcomes climbers of all ability levels, so don’t feel like you have to be an expert to give it a try!
- Giant Oak Park. Giant Oak Park is a sweet and romantic setting to spend your Valentine’s Day date. It’s a small, quaint little park, centered around a beautiful oak tree. Pick up hot cocoa or lattes on the way there to keep you warm as you enjoy the natural beauty!
- Grand View Drive. If you and your lover are fans of the outdoors, but not so much of the cold, then this is the perfect way to spend your Valentine’s Day! I love the 2 and a half mile drive of scenic views, and you can enjoy all its beauty from the comfort of your own car. A very sweet way to begin or end your Valentine’s Day date!
Galentine’s Date Ideas
If you are heading out with your best friends for the evening, there’s some fun ideas for a girl’s group as well! Girl’s Nights are the best nights.
- Purple Bubble Fragrance Bar. Here you can create your own fragrance for a bath bomb, candle, lotion, perfume or whatever else you’d like. Such a fun experience to have with all your friends, and so fun to take something delicious smelling home to enjoy!
- Generations Candle Company. Have you checked out this new pour-your-own candle bar in Peoria Heights? I love supporting new local businesses, and this one smells great as well! A girls night AND a new candle!
Valentine’s Gift Ideas
Half of what makes Valentine’s Day special, is gifting items of love and thought to those we love. Here are some great ideas from our community!
- Four30 Scones. Buy a half dozen Red Velvet or Chocolate Chip with heart sprinkled scones for friends and family. They are festive AND delicious!
- Flowers from Floral Designs. Of course, the ever popular flowers for Valentine’s Day, but really, Floral Designs does an amazing job with a fresh bouquet, and sending a bouquet to moms, sisters, and friends is such a special Valentine’s Day gift.
- Louisa Jane. Louisa Jane has the cutest gift ideas for Valentine’s Day – including a Dinner Date at Home gift set of 2 dishware sets, candles, napkins, and a table runner. Such a cute idea for a couple you love!
- So Chic Boutique. If you are looking for some candles or a cute mug for your friends, stop in at So Chic, they have lots of options!
In my opinion, half of the fun of Valentine’s Day is the anticipation! I am always looking for new date night ideas and gift ideas, so I’d love to hear what you of your favorites as well. Happy planning, and Happy Valentine’s Day, friends!
Leave a Reply